Located in the Pomeroy Downtown National Historic District, the Hotel Revere is a “combination” of two brick structures. The western two-story building was erected in 1888 and the three-story structure was built in 1902.
The 1888 building has a decorative cornice articulated with a corbeled drip course and recessed panels, rusticated pilasters, and one-over-one double-hung wood sash windows with segmental arches and heavy hood molds. Some of the windows sashes are altered on the west elevation. The storefront on the front (north) elevation has transoms windows above the door and window openings, cast-iron cylindrical posts flanking the store front windows, and a wood panel bulkhead. New double metal doors have been installed on the east end of the storefront.
Sited on the corner lot, the 1902 three-story building has a crenellated parapet, corbeled drip course on the frieze, a raised dentilated stringcourse between the second and third floors, and one-over-one double-hung wood sash windows. The third floor windows have flat arches and the second floor windows have segmental arch windows connected by a decorative raised brick stringcourse. Rusticated horizontal brickwork articulates the first floor. The original wooden storefronts on the north elevation have tall transoms, large storefront windows, a recessed central entrance with transom above, and decorative diamond-shape cutouts in the wood panel bulkhead. An iron lintel with decorative florettes spans the top of the storefront windows.
The north side has two original entrance doors; one of the entrance doors is recessed. A decorative wrought iron balcony extends across the second floor façade on the north elevation. A door leads out to the balcony. A partial balcony, on the third story, is located in the center of the north elevation. A ghost sign on the rear (south) elevation reads, “Hotel Revere.”